Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Martin Luther King day!!!

I can't believe it's half-way through January already.  And I can't believe that I didn't post at all in December.  But December was a hard month for me.  My dh came down with pneumonia.  He was so sick.  So everything fell on my shoulders,  all the Christmas shopping, wrapping, cooking, going to all the kids' Christmas programs & parties.    I was feeling worn down.

Then the day after Christmas, I was admitted to the hospital due to a kidney stone.  It was too  large to pass & I had to have surgery to remove it.  It was horribly painful; although not as painful as childbirth. ;)
Though I did learn at the hospital, they've implanted a new protocol - healing oils.  They gave me peppermint oil for my nausea & lavender oil at night.  It did help - I was pleasantly surprised.  The nurse told me it had to be the pure oils - not the watered down ones at the local stores.  They just put a couple of drops on a gauze pad & had me smell it when I felt like I needed it.  The nurse said they noticed that when people use this - they don't need as much pain medication.  I'm starting to believe that now.

Well, I do have some great scrapbooking news:  ScrapMatters is not closing, as some rumors were suggesting.  They just did some changes - a whole new way of doing challenges!   It's now a bingo style system.  Check it out here:  http://scrapmatters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=425

And their Stack Exchange is back!!!   It's so much fun!  You buy the selected kit (it's discounted for the month), unless you already own it,  make either a stacked page, cluster, border, etc.; submit it to Lisa by the end of the month, and next month, you'll receive all the goodies that everyone else made.


Here's Lisa's contribution:




And here's mine:



this is the kit you'll be working with:




So, get scrapping & share your creations!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment